MATLAB® is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. Using MATLAB, you can analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications.
Check your eligibility using the eligibility tool
- Install a new individual license from the MATLAB Portal (requires a Mathworks account).
- Renewing Existing Installations: Launch MATLAB, Click on Help, Click on Licensing, Select Activate Software
Classroom - Concurrent Licenses
For use with shared-environment computers used in classroom/instruction lab machines for student instruction. Licenses are per machine, and each machine requires its own license.
- Please submit a Classroom license request email to email@example.com
Non-networked Computer Licenses
For use with single, off-line computers that cannot connect to the internet to download and activate MATLAB software.
- Please submit a Non-networked license request email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I install MATLAB on off-line computers?
The MATLAB Funding Consortium* and Student Technology Fee funds the 1-year campus-wide license for 2023.
Attention College of Chemistry and the College of Letters and Science faculty and staff
*Note: The Consortium includes several Colleges and Departments who underwrite a portion of license costs. The College of Chemistry and College of Letters & Science collect license costs from individual or group users. Faculty and Staff members (including Students using Matlab as employees of the university) from CoC and L&S who obtain a Matlab license may be contacted to provide a chartstring for these charges.
The per license cost is:
College of Chemistry - $130 per license (email a valid speedtype to email@example.com)
College of Letters and Sciences - $100 per license