Third Party Eligibility to Access Matlab

June 24, 2016

UC Berkeley IS&T and The Mathworks, providers of Matlab, have agreed to an addendum to the Matlab Total Academic Headcount (TAH) Agreement providing limited licensing to Third Parties. The addendum provides Matlab licensing “solely for the purpose of academic course work and teaching, noncommercial academic research, and personal use which is not for any commercial or other organizational use” on UCB-owned computers to Third-Parties for the duration of their affiliation with the University. Third Parties may include members of groups such as Visiting Scholars, Visiting Student Researchers and Contractors.

To request a Matlab License for Third Parties, the Requester should submit either the Faculty/Staff or CoC/L&S Matlab request form available on the Software Central/Matlab page.